Official Flavor and name

Bastien Traverse bastien.traverse at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 17:14:42 UTC 2013

Ubuntu Studio has a specific feature target, and doesn't focus on remixing
Ubuntu with another DE (same goes for Mythbuntu).

To be honest I prefer the sound of "Ubuntu GNOME" to "Gubuntu", but for the
sake of consistency I'd rather it to be named as the latter. IMHO it would
show sobriety and "fairplay" compared with other flavors that don't
emphasis their respective DE.

That being said, time will tell how people call it. But that could be a
smart kick to name it Gubuntu from start (for reasons explained above).

Once again, is the "likely" risk of confusion with the Google project the
only reason to root for Ubuntu GNOME, or have the GNOME board or any other
stakeholder expressed negative opinion about seeing it called "Gubuntu"?

Cheers, and sorry for the ongoing debate.

Bastien