Rhythmbox and GNOME animations

Renê Barbosa renebarbosafl at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 01:36:59 UTC 2013

​Hello,​

2013/12/5 Sean Ito <seanito93 at gmail.com>

> Maybe he's suggesting that these applications has a bug. Hmm. Rene can you
> give me the specs of your computer?

Sorry for the delay! I am using a Dell ultrabook with these specs:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3537U CPU @ 2.00GHz​
8 GB RAM DDR3 1600 MHz

I have Hybrid Graphics but at most time I am using the integrated card, a
common Intel Corporation 3rd Gen Core processor Graphics Controller using
the i915 driver. I have fglrx installed but the discrete card always
disabled for some reasons like battery powersaving and the machine
temperature.

I did some tests and I think the issue is related to that Rhythmbox package
as i've used it on another Ubuntu/Unity installation and sometimes it let
my animations to be not smooth as it does on a GNOME shell environment.

​Unfortunatelly i am not sure about how i can get more details of the issue.

Thanks for the help.

Atenciosamente,

*Renê Barbosa de Figueirêdo Lima*
Website: http://renebarbosa.com/