Problem in Firefox Browser

Simon Ruiz sruiz at mccsc.edu
Thu Feb 22 13:23:18 GMT 2007

This is rather strange.

My first question would be: has Firefox always behaved this way on this install? That is, since the very first time you installed Ubuntu?

Do you have a Live CD to boot from? If so, I would recommend booting to the Live CD and trying to run Firefox from there. If it does not work on the Live CD, my guess would be that this older version of Ubuntu does not recognize something about your system correctly.

Linux most certainly has "event viewer" functionality. Check out the log files.

http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/linux-log-files-location-and-how-do-i-view-logs-files/

The one you should probably keep an eye on is /var/log/messages

You could try running Firefox, making it crash and then pulling up /var/log/messages in a text editor.

Best of luck!

Sim?n