I can help

Doug Smythies dsmythies at telus.net
Thu Jul 23 03:44:16 UTC 2020

Hi John,

Notice that I am responding with text only formatting, and in-line reply.
It is difficult to search the archives when e-mails are html.

On 2020.07.22 14:10 John Shipp wrote:

> I plan on testing it on Ubuntu 20.04, 18,04,16.04, and 14.04

14.04 is past EOL (End Of Life).

> and against windows 10,8,7, vista and maybe XP,

I am not very knowledgeable about windows, although I do use it.
Aren't vista and XP past EOL?

> I am aware the first link is official documentation that ships with ubuntu.

I don't think so.

> Btw, how many people are on this mailing list?

719.

> And how many are actually active?

I would say 2, Gunnar and myself.

In the archives you will see traffic from others,
being mainly the server team during the recent
serverguide conversion to discourse stuff.

... Doug