[desktop] Calendar page

Gunnar Hjalmarsson gunnarhj at ubuntu.com
Thu Mar 17 15:18:15 UTC 2016

On 2016-03-17 15:48, Mark Guthart wrote:
> Know this is cutting things close, but I am looking at this currently
> and making some modifications.

Thanks!

> A question...
> I presume that some level of Evolution integration still exists as the
> Time & Date settings still display the Coming events from Evolution
> Calendar checkbox. (By default this is checked but also grayed out if
> Evolution is not installed).

Yes, I suppose you still have the option to install Evolution and enable
the integration that way instead of using Calendar
(gnome-calendar).

> In the build I am running (a clean install), Evolution is no longer
> included as a package in the Software area. Unless this is added before
> final release, the assumption would be that a user would have to search
> the internet for it, install it manually, etc.

No, I think it's still in the Ubuntu archive, but it has been moved from
"main" to "universe", which means that Canonical has no responsibility
for further maintenance.

> I would like to propose that the entire Evolution text be removed and
> replaced with a few simple steps on launching and navigating to the
> Calendar application.

That's my idea as well.

> I would also like to propose that a simple sentence for Evolution be
> included. Something to merely say that additional integration is
> available through the Evolution application, which may be installed
> separately. (Or something to that affect).

Sure, mentioning Evolution as an option is fine IMO. But only if it's
really still available in the archive. (I'm not in Xenial right now.)

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson
https://launchpad.net/~gunnarhj