[desktop] ubuntu-docs branch ready for yakkety

Gunnar Hjalmarsson gunnarhj at ubuntu.com
Fri Jun 17 16:05:35 UTC 2016

On 2016-06-17 16:45, Stephen M. Webb wrote:
> One of the big things that should be coming up for 16.10 is that we
> want to ship Unity 8 as a (non-default) alternative login shell
> alongside Unity 7.  I'd really like to see if we can get the ball
> rolling *now* on providing some good user docs for the Unity 8
> desktop where possible, although I'm not sure how docs will be made
> available yet.

<https://help.ubuntu.com/stable/ubuntu-help> currently consists of a few
highlighted pages plus 10 sections of documents which detail various
aspects of the desktop. One idea, for now, is to create a highlighted
Unity 8 page and, if enough contents can be written within 3 months, an
additional section.

> My bigger concern is content at this point.

And if using the existing branch that way, the docs team could help with
getting the pages in the correct format and reasonably structured, while
the Unity 8 devs and volunteer contributors could focus on the contents.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson
https://launchpad.net/~gunnarhj