[desktop] ubuntu-docs branch ready for yakkety

Stephen M. Webb stephen.webb at canonical.com
Fri Jun 17 14:45:39 UTC 2016

On 16-06-17 10:27 AM, Gunnar Hjalmarsson wrote:

> With this the Bazaar branch lp:ubuntu-docs is ready for the 16.10
> editing. There are three months left before "DocumentationStringFreeze"
> on September 15.

Thanks for doing this (what with all the wiki chaos and debacle about managing the projects).

One of the big things that should be coming up for 16.10 is that we want to ship Unity 8 as a (non-default) alternative
login shell alongside Unity 7.  I'd really like to see if we can get the ball rolling *now* on providing some good user
docs for the Unity 8 desktop where possible, although I'm not sure how docs will be made available yet.  My bigger
concern is content at this point.  Are there any volunteers willing to take a stab at crafting some initial outlines and
content?

--
Stephen M. Webb  <stephen.webb at canonical.com>