Request for Ubuntu Doc Leadership

Alberto Salvia Novella es20490446e at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 11:33:31 UTC 2016

Hannie Dumoleyn:
> Knowing from experience that the task of a coordinator is time
> consuming, I do not know if we can find such a person in the docs team.

Two ways of doing the same thing:
(http://i35.servimg.com/u/f35/16/19/87/90/visual10.jpg)

If the instructions in the wiki are clear and straightforward
coordinating is not time consuming at all.

You keep improving those instructions till they are so clear that people
only contact you when something extraordinary happens. So the
coordination is mostly passive, like if the wiki is a clone of you doing
most of the work.

It also happens that people tend to plan much in advance or too much in
detail, expending all the time on that. When in most cases planing just
before acting and winging the thing deliver better results, as you can
actually contrast decisions with reality not just a bunch of opinions
made beforehand.