Interesting doc-related project: Unity "first run" tutorial

Benjamin Kerensa bkerensa at ubuntu.com
Wed Mar 5 20:16:41 UTC 2014

We really are short on manpower to complete the documentation we are
responsible for maintaining to be honest I don't think we could take
this one until we onboard more contributors.

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 4:14 AM, Stephen M. Webb
<stephen.webb at canonical.com> wrote:
> Hey doc people
>
> We recently had a bug filed against Unity to provide a "first run" tutorial [1].  It's something I'd like to see
> available; I think it would make Ubuntu better.  We (the unity developers) don't really have the time before the
> upcoming 14.04 release nor the expertise necessary to script something like that, but it occurred to me that it would
> make an idea doc-related project.  To that end, I thought I'd just throw it out here and see if anyone was interested.
>
> We have the ability to script mouse movements, key inputs, and other actions in Unity through a Python library called
> Autopilot.  If someone developed an appropriate storyboard script, it would be a good start toward making this tutorial
> a reality.  Combined with Autopilot, we just might have something.
>
> Any takers?
>

> [1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity/+bug/1283619
>
> --
> Stephen M. Webb  <stephen.webb at canonical.com>

Benjamin Kerensa
http://benjaminkerensa.com
"I am what I am because of who we all are" - Ubuntu