Interesting doc-related project: Unity "first run" tutorial

Stephen M. Webb stephen.webb at canonical.com
Wed Mar 5 12:14:16 UTC 2014

Hey doc people

We recently had a bug filed against Unity to provide a "first run" tutorial [1].  It's something I'd like to see
available; I think it would make Ubuntu better.  We (the unity developers) don't really have the time before the
upcoming 14.04 release nor the expertise necessary to script something like that, but it occurred to me that it would
make an idea doc-related project.  To that end, I thought I'd just throw it out here and see if anyone was interested.

We have the ability to script mouse movements, key inputs, and other actions in Unity through a Python library called
Autopilot.  If someone developed an appropriate storyboard script, it would be a good start toward making this tutorial
a reality.  Combined with Autopilot, we just might have something.

Any takers?

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity/+bug/1283619

--
Stephen M. Webb  <stephen.webb at canonical.com>