Some feedback on the wiki

Svetlana Belkin belkinsa at ubuntusense.com
Mon Mar 3 22:28:02 UTC 2014

Nick,

Thanks for taking the time for doing this.  My reply is in-line as always.

I also removed my action item from the blueprint since it's not needed
anymore and it was kind of redundant of Nick's.  Or I was thinking
differently and added that item.  I don't remember.

On 03/03/2014 03:25 PM, Nicholas Skaggs wrote:
> * The main page; https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DocumentationTeam might be a
> bit large with the roles descriptions in the middle. I also left
> confused as to what to do after wanting to join the contributor team. It
> told me what the team did, but not how to do it (apart from joining the
> lp team). https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DocumentationTeam/Organization does a
> better job, but it points me back to
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DocumentationTeam for more info! I'm confused.
> * Perhaps link to the contact page in the join the team section? I see
> the "mailing list" but not sure on specifics

I think we can simply link (on the main page) to the Organization page
to make clearer.

A thought on a better contact page, would it be better if we have
contacts to each form of docs that we have.  A system like the LoCo
contacts, so, if someone wants a more of a private chat with someone of
that field, then it would allow them do so.  Also, it will show new
contributors who mainly works on what.

> Suggested ideas:
> * Remove roles from main page, and migrate any material to
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DocumentationTeam/Organization. Point out this
> page prominently.

Agreed on this, see above for my comment.

> * Provide some text on helping to bridge the gap once you've joined the
> contributor team (which is the assumed role a new person will take) even
> just links to
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DocumentationTeam/SystemDocumentation and
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DocumentationTeam/Wiki would help. I would
> suggest an actual tasks page or links from the bulleted list of tasks.
> * Feature the steps , or subpages more prominently. It seems like I can
> follow /Tasks to /Editing, then /Checking and finally /Submitting.

+1
--
Svetlana Belkin A.K.A: belkinsa
Member of: LoCo Contacts, Ubuntu Doc Team, Ubuntu Ohio, Ubuntu Women