Dutch translation wiki main page

Elizabeth Krumbach Joseph lyz at ubuntu.com
Tue Feb 4 17:44:43 UTC 2014

On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 8:29 AM, Hannie Dumoleyn
<lafeber-dumoleyn2 at zonnet.nl> wrote:
> Questions: is it worthwhile? Will there be enough users of a certain
> language who do not understand English well enough?

I've wondered this myself. Over the years many LoCos have created
their own language translationed docs, wikis, forums, etc because the
English-ones haven't been sufficient (instruction pages all in
English, poor character support, poor navigation). In general I've
assumed they'd continue down this path rather than working to make
translations work in the community help wiki.

> If so, then ALL the
> (linked) pages should be translated. Is that feasible?
this is
Seeing as we struggle to even keep the English pages updated, and they
are edited regularly (requiring translators to keep an eye on them),
I'm going to say no,  not feasible.

http://www.princessleia.com