Suggestion

Tom Davies tomdavies04 at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Sep 14 18:19:41 UTC 2013

Hi :)
I tend to think it's harder to post a bug-report than to edit the page, such as to leave a note at the end of the page or just after the bit that didn't work.

However i am beginning to believe what  Jonathon just pointed out.  I think perhaps 2 main reason but probably others too;
1.   even a lot of trained documenters can't cope with coding, even wiki-markup is scary to a lot of folks

2.   people are too shy and worry about messing things up if they type in a couple of words into a page
< off-topic rant>

Perhaps feeling they have to be submissive to some higher authority or something.  It drives me nuts.  I'd hoped it was just in my country but i'm beginning to think even people in democracies (if there are any) bow to their 'superiors'.

</ off-topic rant>

<new rant>

It's as though people have never heard of or used wikipedia or wiki's, as though they are all tooo new despite having been around since the last century.

</ new rant>

Anyway, the point is that these tags clearly come from a higher authority than an average user so they will give sheeple and normal users much greater confidence in the pages that are not tagged as being for unsupported versions.  It will also give normal users the correct impression, that they can complain to the higher authority and it encourages them to find one of the many ways they could do so.  So it benefits 2 groups we need to reach without harming those that already "get it".

Regards from

Tom :)