idea: Wiki Jam

Gunnar Hjalmarsson gunnarhj at ubuntu.com
Sun Dec 8 09:25:26 UTC 2013

Hi Charles,

On 2013-12-08 06:38, cprofitt wrote:
> In the #ubuntu-docs irc channel there was a discussion about organizing
> a global help.ubuntu.com/community wiki jam. I think the idea is a good
> one and we need to organize our thoughts and discuss the idea with the
> LoCo Council and LoCo team contacts.

While I'm all for that we get more structured with respect to the help
wiki, now does not appear to be the optimal time to start such a project.

It's fully three months left before the 14.04 doc string freeze, and
Ubuntu 14.04 is not just another release, it's an LTS. I think that the
doc team should focus on our primary task - the official docs - until then.

I'd suggest that any organised work with the help wiki is started only
after the doc string freeze.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson
https://launchpad.net/~gunnarhj