A bit of experimenting

Kevin Godby godbyk at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 08:20:38 UTC 2013

Hello, Hannie.

On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 2:56 AM, Hannie Dumoleyn
<lafeber-dumoleyn2 at zonnet.nl> wrote:
> On https://help.ubuntu.com/13.04/ubuntu-help/unity-launcher-shapes.html
> I found the following ugly sentence:
> Two triangles means that you two windows of the same app open.
>
> I ran "make" from my branch /ubuntu-docs-saucy/html/ which builds the
> html files for me in /build. These pages are based on
> /ubuntu-docs-saucy/ubuntu-help/C/, see makefile for lc in C
> $(help_linguas); do \.
> The command ~/ubuntu-docs-saucy/html$ grep -R "Two triangles means that"
> ./ gave me the following output:
> ./build/en/unity-launcher-shapes.html:    Two triangles means that you
> have two windows of the same app open.
> My conclusion is that the error has been fixed in Saucy.
> Are the files in my branch /build/ the same as the ones on help.ubuntu.com?
> And is this the right way to find errors?
> If it still needs to be fixed, should it be done in the .page file in
> /ubuntu-help/C/ ?

That's generally the method I use to find errors.  Oftentimes the URL
(http://.../unity-launcher-shapes.html) corresponds to a .page file
(unity-launcher-shapes.page in this case).

In this case, I beat you to it! (Okay, really Sylvie beat us to it.)
This was reported as bug #1170491
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-docs/+bug/1170491>.
and I fixed it in revision 213
<http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-core-doc/ubuntu-docs/saucy/revision/213>.