A bit of experimenting

Doug Smythies dsmythies at telus.net
Tue Aug 27 14:36:36 UTC 2013

<http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-core-doc/ubuntu-docs/saucy/revision/213
>.

My 2 cents on this one:
When trying to identify the location of a typo back in the source code,
I usually don't bother to build the html, but rather just look for it
in the source. I.E.:

doug at s15:~/docs-1310/saucy/ubuntu-help/C$ grep "Two triangles" *.page
unity-launcher-shapes.page:    Two triangles means that you have two windows
of the same app open.
doug at s15:~/docs-1310/saucy/ubuntu-help/C$

Of course, keeping in mind that line breaks in the source can make it so
the search misses, in which case I modify the search. If the string is not
unique enough for minimum false hits, then I look for a more unique string
nearby. I.E.:

doug at s15:~/docs-1310/saucy/ubuntu-help/C$ grep -A3 -B3 "three or more
windows" *.page
unity-launcher-shapes.page-  <p>Once the app has finished starting, a small
<em>white triangle</em> will show
unity-launcher-shapes.page-    to the left of the Launcher square.
unity-launcher-shapes.page-    Two triangles means that you have two windows
of the same app open.
unity-launcher-shapes.page:    If you have three or more windows of the same
app open, three triangles will show.</p>
unity-launcher-shapes.page-
unity-launcher-shapes.page-    <note style="tip"><p>Apps that aren't
currently running have translucent Launcher icon squares.
unity-launcher-shapes.page-    When an app is running, the Launcher icon
square is full of color.</p></note>
doug at s15:~/docs-1310/saucy/ubuntu-help/C$

Now, on the subject of the saucy master files differing from the
help.ubuntu.com 13.04 stuff:

There are some minor differences. Just as was done during the
13.04 cycle, I had hoped to have a preliminary 13.10 posted
on help.ubuntu.com by now. However, I have become stuck with
some serverguide issues, and need another few days.

... Doug