Upload of ubuntu-docs soon?

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Wed Apr 17 16:26:01 UTC 2013

On 17 April 2013 17:01, Doug Smythies <dsmythies at telus.net> wrote:
> The 13.04 installation guide still said QQ and 12.10, and a MP was
> submitting fixing
> it. The theme remains an issue. Awaiting propagation of installation-guide
> 20100518ubuntu9 to the raring packages, then maybe it can be added (still
> with
> Old theme and possibly missing images).
> Edit: Oh, the new package is now there...

Neither I nor Jeremy were ever able to build the installation-guide
html using the help.ubuntu.com theme for the last few releases. It
used to work but something has obviously changed with the build
mechanism that we weren't able to figure out. I believe that the
installation-guide does not get a lot of attention and (I think) the
alternative CD is no longer a supported method of installing Ubuntu
anyway so I do not think it will be a big deal not to include this
guide on help.ubuntu.com. In fact I think it's a good idea not to
include it.

> Question: Does anybody know why the links to legal.html are absolute to
> /legal.html
> instead of relative (i.e. to ../../legal.html or whatever)? Is breaks the
> local copy
> while working on, and checking, a BZR branch.

Sorry, I can't remember. It was probably simpler on the basis that the
number of "../" to include would vary depending on what document is
being built. But feel free to change this if it can be made to work
reliably.

Matt