Personal Package Archive documentation

Matthew Revell matthew.revell at canonical.com
Wed Oct 14 12:33:56 UTC 2009

Hi,

I work for Canonical on the Launchpad team. We've had some requests
for a help page that explains what PPAs are, and how to use them, to
someone who's looking to install software from a PPA.

I think such a document should live in the Ubuntu help world, rather
than on the Launchpad help wiki. I've had a look but I can't find
anything on help.ubuntu.com or wiki.ubuntu.com that does that job. If
I'm missing something, could you please point me in the right
direction?

If there isn't anything, I'd like to write something. Would you be
happy to include that on help.ubuntu.com?

Cheers.

--
Matthew Revell - Launchpad.net - free software collaboration and project hosting