Addition to the Styleguide

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Sat May 9 09:31:45 UTC 2009

On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 10:28 PM, Dougie Richardson
<dougierichardson at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> I propose the style guide is:

> <emphasis>user</emphasis> with your username

It's a sensible idea, but makes invalid xml:

"element filename: validity error : Element emphasis is not declared
in filename list of possible children"

I believe that the proper tag to use would be "<replaceable>":

  http://www.docbook.org/tdg/en/html/replaceable.html

It would introduce another tag to learn, unfortunately. I'm in two
minds whether the benefit outweighs that: what do other people think?

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org