Short Introduction

Duane Hinnen duanedesign at gmail.com
Sat May 9 08:11:24 UTC 2009

I have been on the ubuntu-doc mailing list since December '08 but just
recently joined Ubuntu Documentation Contributors. I have had an interest in
helping the Documentation Team for awhile.

About a month ago I started work on the "Best of Ubuntu Community Forum
Tutorials" project. This project was no longer being worked on due to the
unexpected departure of the maintainer and team owner Old_Solider. Working
on this project has been very valuable in introducing me to document
writing, DocBook, Version Control Systems (bazaar), and Ubuntu packaging. I
am working hard to understand and learn everything I can about documentation
and the tools used. I feel this is going to be a good primer for future work
with the Documentation Team.

Everything is coming along nicely with this project. There is one area that
I feel like I could stand to learn a bit more. That area is DocBook. But,
you cant conquer Rome in a night.

I think jgoguen deserves a mention. He has been helping me with packaging on
this project.

I look forward to future contributions I can make to the team.

Best of Ubuntu Community Forums Tutorials
https://launchpad.net/boucft

--
Duane Hinnen
OKlahoma LoCo Member