Documentation Team for Bengali Language

Phil Bull philbull at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 09:23:44 UTC 2009

Hi Nasir,

On Mon, 2009-07-20 at 21:28 +0700, নাসির খান wrote:
> i want to know that is there any process to form a individual team for
> every language like the translation projects [1]? In the Documentation
> Team Wiki page[2] it is written that most of the communications is
> done through this mailing list but if there any chance to maintain a
> Launchpad Team, mailing list or irc channel for Bengali Language ?

You can just create a new team on Launchpad. This will allow you to
maintain your own mailing list (I'm not sure about the process with
IRC). Before you do this, however, I *strongly* suggest that you get in
touch with the Bengali translation team [1].

> I am saying this because there is no documentation in bengali language
> and i have to write the whole . For this i may need to work with some
> other people too.

As I said before, the system documentation is available for translation
on Launchpad. I looked at the status and at least a few of the documents
seemed to be partially translated (for example, [2]). Translating the
existing documentation is by far the easiest way of getting
Bengali-language documentation into Ubuntu.

Thanks,

Phil

[2] -
https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/karmic/+source/ubuntu-docs/+pots/about-ubuntu/bn/+translate