possible collaboration...

Belinda Lopez belinda.lopez at canonical.com
Wed Aug 12 13:29:54 UTC 2009

Hi Adam,
  I've been following the FM project for some time also and you folks
have done some outstanding work!  I can't speak for the Doc team but
there are probably many areas where a collaboration would work.

The book sprint models are a great way to get alot of work done in a
very short time and could benefit any project.  I'm trying to get some
buy-in on next version of the official Ubuntu Desktop course so that it
could be a more open license, currently CC-SA-NC.  I'm definitely
interested in hearing on possible collaboration in that area.

cheers,

Belinda

adam hyde wrote:
> hi,
>
> I have been subscribed to the Ubuntu doc list for quite some time now
> and I have wondered about possible collaborations with FLOSS Manuals.
>
> We write free documentation on Free Software, and we do scheduled Book
> Sprints on particular topics (about 1 a month).
>
> I was wondering if there might be any way to collaborate on these
> sprints? - but before I send an invitation I thought it is better first
> to ask if there is anyone deeply embedded in the Ubuntu Doc team that
> could talk to me about this off list.
>
> Essentially, I dont want to draw energy away from your (great) project,
> and so it would be good to first be able to talk to someone involved
> with Ubuntu Docs about this..
>
> Is there anyone that can write to me directly about this?
> (adam at flossmanuals.net).
>
> many thanks
>
> adam
>

> adam