newtoubuntu docs

Phil Bull philbull at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 07:21:25 UTC 2009

Hi Kelvin,

On Tue, 2009-04-28 at 19:25 +0100, kelvin at mbmn.net wrote:
> I was in the meeting about the install guide for karmic[1] on Sudnay. I was
> mentioned that the newtoubuntu docs could do with a revision.

It needs more than revision, IMHO. The current document is just a few
links to topics that new users perhaps *should* read but probably won't
be interested in. I don't think that they anticipate the needs of new
users particularly well.

Cooperating with the Beginners' Team [1] will be essential if we're to
produce something that new users will find really helpful.

> I'm interested in doing this, is anyone working on this at the moment?

There isn't anyone working on it that I know of. It would be great if
you could take the lead on this.

> How should I propose the changes (my ideas, not patches), through this
> mailing list?

The mailing list would be ideal. Looking forward to hearing your ideas!

Thanks,

Phil

[1] - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BeginnersTeam/

--