Documentation Team meeting

Emma Jane Hogbin emmajane at ubuntu.com
Thu Apr 9 16:16:53 UTC 2009

Matthew East wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 4:33 PM, Emma Jane Hogbin <emmajane at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>> I'd already added Monday to the doodle as well... It's Friday to Monday
>> with EST times of 9AM, noon, 3PM, 6PM and 9PM.
>
> Ok, that answers my question too.
> But if we're going to use this technology in an attempt to ensure that
> as many team members as possible can make the meeting time, I think
> we're going to have to include all times over a 24 hour period, rather
> than tying it to EST times - I don't think we should necessarily bias
> towards any timezone.

I covered a 13 hour time span over four days including week end and week
days, I don't think that is excluding anyone from participating in this
specific meeting. I can also add additional times. If someone can't make
any of those 12 x 4 = 36 time slots but really wants to participate,
please get in touch and I'll add it to the list!

I noticed you haven't filled in your preferred time, Matthew. Is there a
time you would like me to add?

> I think a weekend is going to be a better option than a weekday, as we
> are all volunteer contributors. If a conference (e.g. Penguicon) gets
> in the way, we can easily shunt it to another weekend once we have a
> time of day that works.

Not according to the Doodle. Friday and Monday is more popular than the
weekend. (Of course this is currently biased to those who are in North
America and do check their docs-team mail during the day.) And no, you
can't just shunt things to another weekend, or another day. Most of us
are very busy. That's why Doodles work--you set a time each time for
people who are interested and able to attend.

regards,
emma

--
Emma Jane Hogbin