comments on the wiki should be threaded

shirish shirishag75 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 18:10:51 UTC 2008

Reply in-line :-

On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 23:09, Dean Sas <dean at deansas.org> wrote:
<snipped>

Hi Dean,

> On a normal wiki page like that how do you distinguish between a comment
> and a normal edit? What happens if you edit two separate bits at the
> same time, one is a comment one is a normal edit?

Right, which means there needs to be a way to distinguish the same.
This would be apples to oranges but mediawiki has a talk page where
discussions take place while the article remains where it is.

But of course,  I dunno what moinmoin designers have thought of.

Also the other question you ask is also valid, which again points at
there needs to be a way. maybe something like a comment tag

<comment> my comment </comment> and it formats with stuff while others
remain as a normal edit or some other way to denote that its a
comment.

I'm no programmer, just can help in ideation.

> There has been discussions previously about using sub-pages specifically
> for discussions on pages. I can't remember what came of it.

Ok cool.

--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal

http://flossexperiences.wordpress.com

065C 6D79 A68C E7EA 52B3  8D70 950D 53FB 729A 8B17