Wiki Cleanup

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Tue Jun 10 06:41:39 UTC 2008

Hi Charles,

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 12:46 AM, Charles Davis <oldsoldier at gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings,
> while working on the category cleanup page, Connor and I realized there
> are many pages that are no longer useful and clutter the wiki. A primary
> example would be the pages for Breezy.
>
> Since Breezy is unsupported and has no upgrade path we are trying to get
> a consensus on the best way to handle this situation and similar
> situations.

This is a good question. I think that where a page is out of date but
needs to be updated, we should leave it around, but mark on it that it
needs to be updated. Where a page is outdated and a more updated page
already exists, or it deals with subject matter that is no longer
relevant in recent versions of Ubuntu, the page can be deleted.

I think Connor's idea of adding some more tags. We have already some
discussion and ideas about that here -
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HelpWikiQualityAssurance. Perhaps you could
review that specification and in particular the list of proposed
Cleanup categories.

It's really great to see some interest in cleaning up the wiki! With
this enthusiasm hopefully we can push forward and implement that
specification, and make the wiki a much better place for users.

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org