uploading key problems

Phil Bull philbull at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 08:07:48 UTC 2008

Hi Roshan,

On Tue, 2008-07-15 at 17:22 -0700, roshan jose wrote:
[...]
> then i performed this step
> gpg --export -a "Key-ID" > mykey.asc
>
> the next step:  Copy the content of mykey.asc:
>
> now here is my problem. where is this mykey.asc. where is it located.

The mykey.asc file will be in whichever directory the Terminal was in
when you issued the command. You can find the current directory of a
Terminal by typing "pwd" and pressing enter. By default this is the Home
directory, but if you issued the "cd" command at any point while the
Terminal was open then you will have changed directories.

Try this command instead:

gpg --export -a "Key-ID" > ~/mykey.asc

This will put the mykey.asc file in your Home directory, no matter which
directory you are currently in. (The "~" is shorthand for
"/home/your_username".)

Thanks,

Phil

--