technical review

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Sun Apr 27 11:01:02 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I think the new "technical review" initiative has already had plenty
of success in getting people involved. However, it strikes me that
this is something we should be focusing on towards the end of the
release cycle, rather than at the beginning, where the focus should be
on new material. Since the operating system is going to change a huge
amount in terms of features and detail over the next 6 months,
reviewing the documentation in detail for accuracy is a bit pointless.

Obviously if we are doing a focused review of the 8.04 documentation
with a view to pushing post-release updates to that documentation,
then that is worth doing, but in that case the focus of the review
needs to be changed, because it should be more carefully limited to
definite errors in the documentation, rather than simply things which
it would be nice to cover.

What do people think?

--
Matthew East