upgrading branches

Matthew East matt at mdke.org
Wed Apr 23 06:58:02 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 1:05 AM, Jordan Mantha <mantha at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> I hit a bit of a snag with this today. Somehow the ubuntu-hardy branch ended
> up without a .bzr on Launchpad. This meant that any time I tried to use
> bzr+ssh on it it said that it wasn't a branch. Michael Hudson was able to
> fix it

This was intentional on my part - the reason for this is that I was
deleting the branch overnight before pushing up the upgraded version
this morning. That's the reason I posted to the list, to warn people
that they might have issues with the branch... I'm pushing the new
branch up again now.

I was told that deleting .bzr via lftp wouldn't be an issue because
the LP mirror function wouldn't mirror the broken branch until it
would fixed again - guess that wasn't correct ;) Still, it's all under
control.

> I also pushed back 9 revisions to edubuntu-hardy that we lost
> somewhere too.

That was my error - I forgot to update my copy of the branch before
pushing it up - thanks for fixing that.

> I asked Michael if he could go ahead and convert kubuntu-hardy and
> xubuntu-hardy for us directly on the server. This way we don't have to do it
> and it's probably "safer". We can track the status at
> https://answers.launchpad.net/launchpad-bazaar/+question/30469

Ok, thanks for doing this. I didn't know that was possible, it seems
to be the quick and easy way :) I've requested upgrades to the other
branches too.

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org