Tech Review Findings

Nick E. ellery.nick at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 03:29:37 UTC 2008

Hey there,
I recently joined the mentoring program as a tech reviewer.  I've gone
through *compiz-intro*,* compiz-configure*,* *and *compiz-problems.  *Remember,
I'm still a beginner at this, so I need some advice about things I may have
missed.  Also, the Technical Reviewing Documentation page says that I can
fix the problems myself.  How do I do this?

*Compiz-intro
*- [desktop more fun and easier to use.]  I think it should be reworded
'desktop fun and easy to use'.
- [Visual effects are enabled by default]  As far as I know, visual effects
are not enabled by default.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but the default is no
visual effects.
- [users of computers with certain] Somehow, I don't think the statement
'users of computers' makes sense.  The sentence should be reworded.
- [or cause the computer] Should be reworded 'or they may cause the
computer'.

*Compiz-configure
*- The directions at the beginning to open up *Appearance* should be *
italized.
- *It is often quicker to open up *Visual Effects *through right-clicking
the desktop background.  Perhaps this should be mentioned.

*Compiz-problems
*- Again, the navigating should be *italized*.

This is all I found in these sections.  I also would like to know if I
should post a bug report.  Anyways, comment on my work and give me some
advice for next time.

Nick