proposal: shut down ubuntu-doc-commits mailing list

Philip Wyett philip.wyett at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 13:20:48 UTC 2008

On 06/04/2008, Matthew East <mdke at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Now that our branches are all managed by Launchpad, subscribing to
> changes is as simple as visiting the branch page and clicking
> "Subscribe".
>
> This makes the ubuntu-doc-commits mailing list a bit unnecessary, and
> the mailing list is already a bit confused because it is getting email
> notifications for any membership changes in ubuntu-core-doc or
> ubuntu-doc-students. As a result, I'd like to propose as follows:
>
> 1. Abolish the mailing list
> 2. Unset the mailing list as contact address for the ubuntu-core-doc
> team, so that team members get branch commit notifications straight to
> their usual Launchpad address.
> 3. Other contributors who would like to get branch commit
> notifications can subscribe on Launchpad rather than subscribing to
> the mailing list.
>
> What do people think? Is it sufficiently easy to filter Launchpad
> email notifications? If it isn't, we might like to liaise with the
> Launchpad team to try and fix that.
>
> --
> Matthew East
> http://www.mdke.org
> gnupg pub 1024D/0E6B06FF

imho, I would keep the list. Launchpad while OK has been the bane of my life
today. I went to
launchpad and searched bugs for sweep and got no results. The same search in
google got me
a bug page in launchpad. Not good for the system when for a specific bug for
an app you get no
results and then a google search throws the bug pages up. :-/

Regards

Phil