proposal: shut down ubuntu-doc-commits mailing list

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Tue Apr 8 07:31:49 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Sun, Apr 6, 2008 at 2:09 PM, Matthew East <mdke at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>  As a result, I'd like to propose as follows:
>
>  1. Abolish the mailing list
>  2. Unset the mailing list as contact address for the ubuntu-core-doc
>  team, so that team members get branch commit notifications straight to
>  their usual Launchpad address.
>  3. Other contributors who would like to get branch commit
>  notifications can subscribe on Launchpad rather than subscribing to
>  the mailing list.

Right, I've tested the Launchpad branch subscriptions and have to say
they are very easy to filter on subject line. Jordan and Jim mentioned
off-list that they agree with the proposal, and there have been no
strenuous objections, so I've made change 2 above. Ubuntu-core-doc
members will now get commit messages directly - please update your
filters.

I won't delete the mailing list just yet in case anyone raises any
objections later.

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org