proposal: shut down ubuntu-doc-commits mailing list

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Sun Apr 6 13:09:18 UTC 2008

Hi,

Now that our branches are all managed by Launchpad, subscribing to
changes is as simple as visiting the branch page and clicking
"Subscribe".

This makes the ubuntu-doc-commits mailing list a bit unnecessary, and
the mailing list is already a bit confused because it is getting email
notifications for any membership changes in ubuntu-core-doc or
ubuntu-doc-students. As a result, I'd like to propose as follows:

1. Abolish the mailing list
2. Unset the mailing list as contact address for the ubuntu-core-doc
team, so that team members get branch commit notifications straight to
their usual Launchpad address.
3. Other contributors who would like to get branch commit
notifications can subscribe on Launchpad rather than subscribing to
the mailing list.

What do people think? Is it sufficiently easy to filter Launchpad
email notifications? If it isn't, we might like to liaise with the
Launchpad team to try and fix that.

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org