New to the Documentation Team list. Requesting a Mentor

Phil Bull philbull at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 16:51:42 UTC 2008

Hi Joaquin,

On Thu, 2008-04-03 at 15:25 -0600, Joaquin Rosales wrote:
> Hello. My name is Joaquin, and I'm very interested in joining the Ubuntu
> Documentation Team.
>
> For almost a year, I've been putting together a project that involves
> the modification and reconfiguration of several packages for Ubuntu
> Desktop and Ubuntu Server (currently, we use Gutsy Gibbon, and plan on
> moving to Hardy once we've tested it to be stable for our purposes).
>
> Our project, codenamed Julius, has so far been very homemade so far, but
> we understand that in order to collaborate with the open source
> community, we need to standardize our processes (our plan is to properly
> setup a project website, probably on Launchpad.net), and we are
> particularly interested in doing it in a way that goes hand in hand with
> the work of this Documentation Team.
>
> Currently, everything that we have has been written is in Spanish, but
> we recognize the importance of having our documentation available in
> different languages.
>
> As you may imagine, our documentation needs range from the
> administrative to the hands-on-coding level, and since we are working
> with Ubuntu, and wish to contribute to the Ubuntu Open-Source Community,
> it only makes sense for us to learn by participating with you.
>
> As a sidenote, Project Julius is a knowledge-management system that we
> are developing in Mexico, through the integration of different
> already-existing applications and servers, for the purpose of creating
> Ubuntu-based, decentralized, community networks.
>
> If you are interested (and if you know Spanish, and remind yourself that
> our documentation currently SUCKS), please email me asking for the URL
> to the project website.
>
> Thank you very much, and I hope to hear from you soon. I am very anxious
> to contribute and learn!

Welcome! How would you like to contribute to the Ubuntu documentation,
and in what ways would you like us to try and help with your
documentation? I'm afraid that we write in English, and so wouldn't be
able to accept Spanish-language articles directly into the system
documentation.

You may also be interested in contacting the Spanish Documentation Team
[1] too.

Thanks,

Phil

[1] - https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-doc-spa