New to the Documentation Team list. Requesting a Mentor

Joaquin Rosales globojorro at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 21:25:45 UTC 2008

Hello. My name is Joaquin, and I'm very interested in joining the Ubuntu
Documentation Team.

For almost a year, I've been putting together a project that involves
the modification and reconfiguration of several packages for Ubuntu
Desktop and Ubuntu Server (currently, we use Gutsy Gibbon, and plan on
moving to Hardy once we've tested it to be stable for our purposes).

Our project, codenamed Julius, has so far been very homemade so far, but
we understand that in order to collaborate with the open source
community, we need to standardize our processes (our plan is to properly
setup a project website, probably on Launchpad.net), and we are
particularly interested in doing it in a way that goes hand in hand with
the work of this Documentation Team.

Currently, everything that we have has been written is in Spanish, but
we recognize the importance of having our documentation available in
different languages.

As you may imagine, our documentation needs range from the
administrative to the hands-on-coding level, and since we are working
with Ubuntu, and wish to contribute to the Ubuntu Open-Source Community,
it only makes sense for us to learn by participating with you.

As a sidenote, Project Julius is a knowledge-management system that we
are developing in Mexico, through the integration of different
already-existing applications and servers, for the purpose of creating
Ubuntu-based, decentralized, community networks.

If you are interested (and if you know Spanish, and remind yourself that
our documentation currently SUCKS), please email me asking for the URL
to the project website.

Thank you very much, and I hope to hear from you soon. I am very anxious
to contribute and learn!

Joaquin