New to the Documentation Team list. Requesting a Mentor

Joaquin Rosales globojorro at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 19:53:15 UTC 2008

Hi Phil,

Well, first of all, thanks for replying to my email.

To start, I would like to understand how the Ubuntu documentation team
works in practice (I've started reading the documentation about the
projects and the tools, but I still haven't gotten "the feel" of how
things flow).

> Welcome! How would you like to contribute to the Ubuntu documentation,
> and in what ways would you like us to try and help with your
> documentation? I'm afraid that we write in English, and so wouldn't be
> able to accept Spanish-language articles directly into the system
> documentation.
>
> You may also be interested in contacting the Spanish Documentation Team
> [1] too.

Yes, thank you. I will also contact the Spanish Documentation Team,
however, I am mostly interested in starting to work with the
English-speaking team first.

> Thanks,
>
> Phil
>
> [1] - https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-doc-spa

As for my interests, and after reading about the projects (and somewhat
about the tools used in this Team), I think that the most natural place
for me to start is with the Ubuntu Server Guide, as most of the work
that I've been doing has to do with installing things on a bunch of
servers, and think that this documentation is very important.

As another note, I've had to check the ubuntu-doc mailing list archives
online, since I don't appear to be getting any of the messages sent to
the list after the one I got from you, Phil.

Ok, I hope to hear back from you guys to see how I can start to
contribute!

Joaquin