Development branches for Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex / 8.10

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Sat Apr 5 14:41:37 UTC 2008

I've set up the documentation branches for the next version of Ubuntu,
Ubuntu 8.10 (Intrepid Ibex).

They are the ones ending in "intrepid" on this page:

https://code.launchpad.net/ubuntu-doc/+branches

I've also undertaken a serious reorganisation of the ubuntu-intrepid
branch, which I hope has rendered the branch a lot simpler, as I
explained in a previous email to the list. Translated xml is now no
longer included in the tree, and only added at build time, which means
that you don't have to download it. This saves a *lot* of space. We
have also dropped previous revision history.

I'd like it if other derivatives also undertake a similar
reorganisation. Please would the people taking care of those branches
have a lot at the revisions I've made to the ubuntu-intrepid branch -
https://code.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-core-doc/ubuntu-doc/ubuntu-intrepid
- and see which revisions are applicable to them. Changing paths of
files always results in relatively heavy breakage, so please ask if
there is something not working and you aren't clear why!

I look forward to seeing lots of great stuff in the next 6 months!

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org