Diff: Major simplification of "About Ubuntu" section

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Thu Mar 1 07:29:07 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-03-01 at 11:17 +1300, Matthew Paul Thomas wrote:
> Apologies is this is a repost, but I first sent it about 12 hours ago
> and it's shown up neither in my Inbox nor in the lists.ubuntu.com archives.
>
> This patch replaces the "About Ubuntu" section with two much shorter
> pages, "What is Ubuntu?" and "Where does Ubuntu come from?", in the "New
> to Ubuntu?" section.

There are significant issues with removing "About Ubuntu". I tried it
early in the release cycle and then remembered that there is a menu
entry pointing to it.

What do you propose we should do with that menu entry?

Also, can you describe the rationale for removing most of the material
in that document? We probably ought to run it past Mark, since he wrote
most of that.

Matt
--
http://www.mdke.org