Diff: Major simplification of "About Ubuntu" section

Matthew Paul Thomas mpt at myrealbox.com
Fri Mar 2 06:21:13 UTC 2007

On Mar 1, 2007, at 8:29 PM, Matthew East wrote:
> There are significant issues with removing "About Ubuntu". I tried it
> early in the release cycle and then remembered that there is a menu
> entry pointing to it.

Ah, crud. So there is.

> What do you propose we should do with that menu entry?

In the long run, make it launch <https://launchpad.net/about-window>
instead. :-)

In the short run, as an alternative to my patch, could "About Ubuntu"
be excised from the Ubuntu Help table of contents, while still being
accessible as a standalone entity from its System menu item?

> Also, can you describe the rationale for removing most of the material
> in that document? We probably ought to run it past Mark, since he wrote
> most of that.

The rationale is that it's not help. People browsing the help *might*
be idly interested in where this Ubuntu thing comes from, but it seems
pretty implausible.

Cheers
--
Matthew Paul Thomas