Plans for Xubuntu documentation

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Wed Jun 20 07:13:44 UTC 2007

Hi,

* Jim Campbell:
> However, to help us get started in a more proper direction, and to allow
> us to submit patches for review, we need to be working off of a working
> copy in the repositories.  Because we've been working off of the Ubuntu
> docs, we thought it would be a good idea to have someone copy over the
> Ubuntu-Feisty documentation into the Xubuntu documentation folder in the
> repository as an interim step until the docs become more fleshed out and
> take on a structure that is unique to Xubuntu.  To stay away from file
> and folder name conflicts, perhaps putting a copy of the Ubuntu docs
> into the following path: ~/ubuntu-doc/xubuntu/gutsy. . . would work.

We don't use version names/numbers in our directory structure. We have a
branch in the repository for each release
(https://docteam.ubuntu.com/repos/branches/) and trunk for the
development of docs for the next release
(https://docteam.ubuntu.com/repos/trunk/, in this case gutsy).

So you should work on trunk/xubuntu as the top level directory.

> If you all think this is a good idea, could someone please go ahead and
> move a copy of Ubuntu docs over to that location?  Or should I just
> submit a super-huge patch which would accomplish the same task?

I don't have a problem with arranging svn access for you both on the
basis that you will be working on xubuntu documentation as long as:

(a) Cody and Luzi both agree;
(b) You promise to always use the validation tool before committing
files to ensure that you're always uploading valid docbook!

Matt
--
http://www.mdke.org