diff for switching guide

Neil Robinson halfhaggis at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 19:51:34 UTC 2006

Hi Phil,

On Mon, 2006-09-11 at 00:23 +0100, Phil Bull wrote:
<snip>

> DocString Freeze is almost upon us (Thursday 14th Sept.),
Gah! That's soon. Guess I've got enthusiastic about helping out a little
late for edgy.

> so there's not
> really enough time left to do anything extensive for this release cycle
> unfortunately :(
>
> I've completed what I *think* is a usable guide with the attached patch.
> Could you re-create your patch against this version, please Neil?
Attached. Hope it's ok. I'm still slightly perplexed by svn and the diff
files. Hopefully not too perplexed.

> For the next few days I'll be reviewing the document, so please feel
> free to help out with this! All comments/corrections/grumbles welcome.
> Also, if you are in a position to do so, please test the data migration
> instructions (browser bookmarks, email etc), as I haven't had time to
> test them properly myself.
To be honest, I only really have time to help out on the weekends, but
I'll go over as much as possible (in terms of comments/corrections) on
Wednesday (which might be nothing, I'm afraid :( )

> After that, we can add a lot more polish to the document for Edgy+1. For
> now, I just hope it's in a good enough shape to be useful.

Looking forward to helping out for Edgy+1.

Neil