Contribute To Ubuntu doc corrections

Andreas Lloyd lloydinho at gmail.com
Sat Oct 21 17:41:36 UTC 2006

Hi Malcolm,

Malcolm wrote:
> The attached patch fixes some grammar errors in the Contribute To
> Ubuntu doc.

Thank you very much for your patch and comments, it's good to have some
extra eyeballs to spot my grammatical blunders :-)

I've added most of your changes to the document as it is in the Wiki,
which is where we keep it for easy development:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ContributeToUbuntu

from there a new version is exported to DocBook format for every
release, so another time you may just as well make your changes directly
into the wiki document. :-)

> I'm not sure if "a MOTU" or "an MOTU" is correct, how do you pronounce
> "MOTU"?

All of the people I've talked to pronounce it "Moe-too", so I figured
that it would a MOTU, so I haven't changed it as you suggested.

> "here" isn't a link:
>
>       You can download the Ubuntu development version here.

fixed.

> This sentence is incomplete:
>
>       <para>Once you have gained experience with packaging tasks
>       (for example, by playing an active role in the MOTU team),
>       you will be able to move from a universe-only maintainer to
>       an Ubuntu core developer by .</para>

Hm. I fixed this already, strange that it didn't make it into the
shipped docs.

> The Idea Pool is not used by developers.
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/2006-October/021794.html
>
>         Before each new release cycle is
>         initiated, the developers go through the Idea Pool and
>         bring up any ideas that they like.</para>

True. I've commented out that part (though it is still referred to on
the Participate page on Ubuntu.com

Cheers,

Andreas

--