Apache2 in the serverguide

Rocco Stanzione grasshopper at linuxkungfu.org
Sun Mar 26 03:33:49 UTC 2006

The Apache2 section of the serverguide makes a lot of references to "text
areas" into which configuration parameters should be entered, and I'm not
sure what it means.  For example:

Enter a valid fully qualified domain name that you have the right to use in
the Server Name text area. This option corresponds to the ServerName
directive in apache2.conf.
Enter the email address of the person who maintains the Web server in the
Webmaster email address text area. This option corresponds to the ServerAdmin
directive in apache2.conf.

This sounds like maybe a description of how to change these options via a
webmin interface?  Also, I think this part of the document may have been
modified from an Apache1.x howto, or from another distro's Apache2 package.
The ServerName and ServerAdmin directives, for example, aren't in
apache2.conf at all, but in /etc/apache2/sites-available/default, since the
default website is just the first VirtualHost.  I think I can fix this with a
little direction, but meanwhile maybe this section needs to be downgraded
from Awaiting Review to Help Wanted.

Thanks,

Rocco Stanzione