Jerome Gotangco jgotangco at gmail.com
Sun Mar 26 02:22:00 UTC 2006

On 3/26/06, Tom Murphy <murphdsurf at gmail.com> wrote:
> to whom it may concer
> having a problem,loaded the "live" cd of ubuntu and it loaded fine,when i
> took the cd out and rebooted my computer came up with the error could not
> find"ntldr".now the only way i can boot up to windows is if i place the
> windows cd into the cd drive?? any ideas on how i can fix this??? thanks in
> advance ,tom

Hi.

First of all, ubuntu-doc is not a support list, you should have
subscribed to ubuntu-users instead.

As for your issue, the LiveCD doesn't write anything at all in your
system and everything is loaded into memory. You have an corrupted
boot loader that's why ntldr isn't found at all. You might want to
check out this page to see if you can recover your ntldr:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/reskit/c29621675.mspx

cheers,

Jerome

--