serverguide - couple of comments

Bhuvaneswaran bhuvan at ubuntu.com
Tue Jan 17 04:50:59 UTC 2006

> * There was too much complexity in the "Contributing" section. As mpt
> said once, the user will read "Docbook XML in a Subversion repository",
> go cross-eyed, and stop reading. I've removed this, and made a much
> simpler version. The same should be done for the Desktopguide, in fact,
> I really think we should be using one preface file for all the docs.
> Generally in the preface, simpler language is needed, it's rather
> complex right now.

Thank you very much.

> * The preface explains that terminal commands will appear in <screen>
> tags, which look nice. But in the rest of the guide, that doesn't happen
> AFAICS.

Ok, this will be addressed.

> * "Installation" section - I don't think that we need this necessarily:
> it doesn't give enough detail to be useful.

I assumed we will ship installation guide along with dapper. It may
contain detailed instructions. I preferred not to repeat the same
information here. So, i tried to keep it compact. Thus it doesnt give
enough detail. Let me know your comments.

> Networking. Can we categorise this any better?

IMO, already we have following sections:

* Ethernet
* Wireless
* Managing DNS entries
* Managing Hosts

When we prepare the write-up sure it must contain few more
sub-sections. But, did you mean adding few more sections ? If so, let
me know and sure we can consider them.
--
Regards,
Bhuvaneswaran