the wiki editing needs to be more user-friendly

Paul O'Malley ompaul at eircom.net
Mon Jan 16 09:33:38 UTC 2006

Mauricio Hernandez Z. wrote:

>>Moin 1.5 still has issues on WYSIWYG though we should probably wait
>>for a few more releases before actually embracing it on our current
>>Moin.
>>
>>Jerome Gotangco
>>

>Jerome,
>
>IMHO, I am very happy with current Moin version we have. A java editor
>is not my ideal editor but it sure is a simple way to edit pages to many
>people, and even encourages others to make nicer docs (esp. tables!, if
>you have been there).

No java, it requires users to have have java installed. This may not be
possible for some, practical for others, and too close to non free
software for others.
Yes, I acknoledge that there are free implementations, however to do
this you would have to document the java install on the wiki at the
"editing link" on every page not hard to do but if you are new to the
game and want to participate, it may be fair to say that you consider
that the bar is high enough already.

Regards,

Paul O'Malley