Download page @Ubuntu.com

icosa atropa icos.atropa at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 00:26:44 UTC 2006

> And I think the download page needs an overhaul...

Including a prominent link to the md5sums wiki page? :)

>the MD5s are at https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuHashes .
>Although this is editable [...] it is a secured page.   [...]
>for an MD5 to have value you need to get it from an HTTPS page (or
>other secure source) of an organization you trust.

Thanks for this clarification/reminder.  I've adding this info to  the wiki:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HowToMD5SUM

best,
xian
--
Far better an approximate answer to the right question, which is often
vague, than the exact answer to the wrong question, which can always