Suggestion for new Yelp front page

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Fri Aug 25 21:11:46 UTC 2006

Don Scorgie <DonScorgie <at> Blueyonder.co.uk> writes:

> I think I have a rough idea from the link.  It'd be a fairly sizable
> patch to yelp (if I'm reading it right).  Plus the sections linked adds
> an interesting twist to it...  Unfortunately (for me), you've managed to
> put the idea in my head now.

Would this be implementable by simply writing a single page article in docbook,
and associating that with the default yelp front page.

> <GNOME doc team member hat>
> Might I also suggest an additional link on the page.  Something like
> "Other documentation Manuals" or something, which goes directly into
> Yelp's TOC as it is now.
> </GNOME doc team member hat>

Rather than have an additional link on that page, I think we should integrate
the other Gnome and system documentation into this structure. The bulk of this
would be included as links in the desktop guide. In particular, it might be nice
to <include> directly some chapters/sections of the Gnome user-guide into our
desktop guide.

Matt