lulu.com test book

Jeff Schering jeffschering at gmail.com
Sun Apr 30 15:34:23 UTC 2006

On 4/30/06, Matthew East <mdke at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-04-29 at 18:27 -0700, Jordan Mantha wrote:

> > * The admonition icons need some serious help. I know this is in the
> >   works so I won't say to much other than they are really pixelated.
>
> Well, I don't really know what to do about these. The problem might be
> that fop is resizing the images when printing the pdf, so I'll have a
> look at this and see if I can figure out what is going wrong. If anyone
> else can see the problem, tell me!

It could be that the images were created at 72dpi, which is good
enough for on-screen display. For print though, you need 300dpi, iirc.
You should be able to increase the dpi in the GIMP (Image->Scale
Image, then increase the X and Y resolution). If you start out with
the original images in colour and want b&w, convert them in the GIMP
with Image->Mode->Grayscale.

Cheers,
Jeff

--