Yelp TOC (was Re: Ubuntu Help compared with other help systems)

Matthew Paul Thomas mpt at myrealbox.com
Mon Apr 3 12:48:17 UTC 2006

On Apr 3, 2006, at 8:54 PM, Matthew East wrote:
>>> http://donscorgie.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Screenshot-Help-Topics-with-
>>> title.png
> Right, unless anyone really doesn't like this idea (and says so!) then
> I think we should do it too. Now, what wording should we use as a
> title for the bottom section? I'd quite like:
>
> "The following other categories of documentation are available:"

Earlier I suggested "Other help", but now I think I have an even better
idea: "".

This avoids repeating the word "Other" (which is already present one
too many times), it makes the help look more like an integrated whole,
and for brevity it can't be beaten.

>> Mpt's comments about dropping the "The" and "Guide" parts would be
>> good, but not essential.
>
> This has been done already.

Great! How about dropping all remaining occurrences of the word
"Guide", too? :-)

--
Matthew Paul Thomas
http://mpt.net.nz/